In the land of chocolate, waffles, french fries and Audrey Hepburn. I'm set.

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Castles and Palaces and Coos (Cows) Oh My!!!


Okay, so I will keep this super super brief, because I am really behind on everything. 

Edinburgh Castle

WILLIAM WALLACE! I should probably see Braveheart sometime. But I did see the closing scene, when he cries out "FREEDOM" as he is being castrated (?). And I just was like okay, a little much now. But It is an epic film, so it is on my to-do list.
Then we made our way to Scott Monument, and we climbed to the top!  
 

Finally to the Palace! Hollyrood Palace! My favorite! Mary Queen of Scots actually lived here! So Crazy!
Here is the monument to William Wallace. Thomas and I happened to barely make it out this tour, but I am so happy that we did. It was incredible! It was the Hairy Coo tour, and it took us to various places around Scotland (highlands tour!). I was so excited when I realized our tour guide was taking us to this monument. I had really wanted to see it!

They said that it is the tallest monument to a non-religious figure...hmm...I don't know about that. Clearly the building is not, because the Washington Monument is taller. Maybe they are counting the hill, but I do not think that is very fair.
Coconuts anyone? This is where the filmed Monty Python and the Holy Grail. So the tour had some coconuts for us to run around with. In particular, this is where the scene with the snooty Frenchmen was filmed!! I just rewatched that movie, and I think it is official that I have the weirdest sense of humor. I smiled, but there was no laughing. I really do not get random humor. But it is definitely fun to quote!

Skipping rocks at one the many beautiful lochs (lakes).
Hairy coo hat. If you look carefully you can see a real Hairy Coo in the background! (hint: on the right side)







No comments:

Post a Comment